Frequently Asked Questions
What is Project Management?
Project management is the way a person organizes and manages resources that are necessary to complete a project. ... A project is a piece of work which is not a process or an operation. It has a start, an end, and goals.
Why project management is important?
Project management allow companies to become competitive in their environments, optimising time and effort and keeping project on track. They are used for planning, managing time, resources and people, controlling costs and monitoring project progress.
What are the objectives of project management?
Project management is the process of defining, planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the development of an information system. Its main objective is to deliver an information system that is acceptable to users and is developed on time and within budget.
What are the 5 stages of Project Management?
Developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI), the five phases of project management include conception & initiation, planning, execution, performance/monitoring, and project close.
Advantages of hiring a project management firm?
The main advantage of hiring a project management firm is that it helps you to manage your projects effectively, enabling you to resolve problems more quickly. It takes time and money to manage a project, however following are few ways a project management firm can help you:
1. improve your chances of achieving the desired result
2. gain a fresh perspective on your project, and how it fits with your business strategy
3. prioritise your business’ resources and ensure their efficient use
4. set the scope, schedule and budget accurately from the start
5. stay on schedule and keep costs and resources to budget
6. improve productivity and quality of work
7. encourage consistent communications amongst staff, suppliers and clients
8. satisfy the various needs of the project’s stakeholders
9. mitigate risks of a project failing
10. increase customer satisfaction
11. gain a competitive advantage and boost your bottom line
From lost time to inconsistency, not having a project management firm to manage your projects can result in lost time, wasted money and poor performance.
What is Project?
A project is a temporary effort, which has a defined:
Scope - size, goals, requirements
Resources - staff, equipment, material
Time - start and end, task durations, dependencies, etc
Money - costs, contingencies and profit
Project management oversees the planning, organising and implementing of a project.